Saturday, September 18, 2004

Happy New Year

Every newspaper here has made their New Year predictions, hopes, and dreams. And me, being as inclusive and starved for affection as I am, do not intend to be any different. So, in this year, I have my own predictions.

I predict that there's going to be more than me reading my blog.

I predict that there will be 12 school strikes; 17 government agency strikes; 1 ports strike (that will last most of the year anyway); and a partridge in a pear tree.

I predict SOMEONE from the Likud will tell the truth...about ANYTHING.

I predict SOMEONE from Labor will take a stand...about ANYTHING.

I predict Natan Sharansky will continue to do anything to keep that Volvo of his.

I predict Shinui will keep a campaign promise.

I predict the Yesha (settlement) Council will finally understand the term, "DONE DEAL".

And I predict that despite everything else...and I mean EVERYTHING else...Israel will continue to be the best place in the world to live.

Shana Tova

Charley

No comments: